Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

incredible 1st place

Fortunally, I finished in 1st place in 5k charity race on last Saturday in the Palace. I had no idea if I could take a 1st place, because I was satisfied my running for 1 loop in 23's minutes last year, but also I was DNF.

When I decided not to run in a half marathon in Sagamihara, came up with an alternative. Even Aya won in that last year for 10k, but I couldn't finished, stopped at half point then. That's why I deeply remember I felt frustrated so much, just took pass on her back because she was like wind, so fast as you remember.

So, I sent an info to Namban list to notice my entry's available, and Dayan replied to let me know she's interested in it. But I was forgetting about ID thing, someone mentioned it me. The venue of this race is
the US base, they require to show the ID of my name with her pic, so I needed to deny giving it. I was very sorry to Dayan, then I came up with this alternative why not run together in the day before of Sagamihara? I can say, due to the her company, I could take 1st place for the first time.

time: 20m24s(very slow as 1st place, I'm embarrased but cared my HR not to get too high especially at hill up.)
gifts: round-trip air tickets from Narita to Guam, a Coach bag, a T-shirts, a candle, a meal coupon for 5,000yen, Hello Kitty's keyholders, Disney's picture story books.

You should run in this race instead of Sagamihara next year!!!
Rie and I will run slowly in the palace on Saturday morning, please join us, everybody's welcome.

4 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Satohi, I bet you are very pleased to win a candle!! Fantastic. The trip to Guam is nice, too, but not as good as a candle! ha ha. Anyway, a big congratulations for your first place. 20:34 is getting very fast. You are doing all the hard work and it is paying off. But don't forget what the big prize is!

zihuatanejo said...

I don't know what you mean?
Is it kind of oyaji-joke something?

Hope you are getting better and not hungover!

Stephen Lacey said...

Hello Aya-chan!!

Yes Satohi-san, it is an oyaji joke. Please don't worry about it. I'll explain next time I see you (maybe).

Steve

zihuatanejo said...

Thank you for your comment Aya.
I did instead of you, no one fast runner! I was very lucky.

Well, I'd like to go for Marathon to Guam, but tickets valid by Jan 27 '07! And it will be held on March. But there is a Half Marathon on Nov. But I signed up for NYC's lottery, so it's a little bit complecated. We will see!!! NYC's organizer will announce on June.

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.