Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

34k run in tamagawa-josui under sakura


I enjoyed a lot of Sakura during running.

I was OK before turning point, took a break and charged an apple juice in front of Tamagawa-josui station, and next my legs were unable to move as came. I had back ache, leg ache, shoulder ache, and also knee sore.
I walked many many time, that's so shame I couldn't complete today's run. And my target mileage was 36K actually, 2K gap.

Why I couldn't complete running? Even though I've run the same course many time. Did I run so fast? it's possible... Should I had to save energy? I lost my motivation for marathon today...

today's efforts:
mileage: 34K
time: 3h32m
weekly mileage: 65Km


split:
5:17/5:12/6:00/5:13/5:26/5:22/5:23/5:32/5:38/5:45/5:31/5:34/5:30/5:25/5:27/5:34/5:55/5:39 6:00/5:31/5:36/7:06/7:00/7:54/6:20/5:50/6:24/5:40/6:50/6:51/7:54/7:26/10:21/10:08/km
HR Max-Avg 85%-81%, 165-152

5 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Satohi, 34k in 2:32:00 is 4:28/km! It means you were running too fast.

You should use the heart rate monitor to keep you at the right pace of the run -- for the long run, no higher than 75% of your heart rate maximum, and even 70% is fine. The long run of 34 km is a pretty hard run. It's purpose is not to run at the same pace as the marathon, but to gradually adapt your body to running that distance and that long.

Don't lose your motivation. Have a few easy days. Jog 5 to 10 km a couple of times and then start to come back for some more strong runs later in the week. Let's talk on Wednesday if you can make it.

zihuatanejo said...

Steve, thank you for your kindness advice. I'm really glad to hear properly advice from you.
I was very sad because I couldn't complete 36Km run as trail running, trail running is very hard but sometime it makes me help since downhill automatically.
I will be sento on Wed! See you soon.

zihuatanejo said...

I was wrong as Tamako-ekiden, I finished in 3h32m for 34K run!
It was not too fast, right???

Stephen Lacey said...

Oh, well, 3:32 is not too fast. But does that include the stopping time and walking time? How fast did you run during the run part? What was your average and maximum heart rate during the running sections? There are various reasons why this run might not have gone the way you expected. Let's talk about it soon. But the main point is this: be patient. Build gradually. Allow time for your body to adapt. Don't expect too much too quickly. It takes time for your body to adapt and catch up. Maybe your body was still tired from the trail running the week before. I'm not sure, but the most important thing I can say is this. Set out a sensible plan and stick to it. Don't change your training with just short term decisions. What you do this week has a relationship to what you will be doing in six weeks. It is all connected. Stick to your schedule.

zihuatanejo said...

I thought it's easy to follow HR pace, but when I feel good and want to run as I want, it's hard.
But this expensive stuff is very smart though, I should utilize and follow Sensei's advice.
Aya, thank you for your advice. I really want to train with you at Gosho as used run before. But let's run in Hakuba in this summer!

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.