Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

tuesday equally running for 10k

I had a cool running at 75%, tied my Wear Link as Steve's advice, and then it worked!!! I had sore heart in the Palace on April when I trained for Lake Tohya race, then I hurted my heart then wore it tightly. That's why I had not been wearing tightly, but not works if I do so. Anyway my problem fixed, so happy.

I went to headquarters office today, and met company's president and HR manager, they offered to be my official suponcer for TIWM, but what are they going to do for me as an official sponcer???

today's efforts:
mileage: 11km
time: 1h02m02s
warm up for 1km, and pace up to HR75% for 9km and slow down to 73-70% for 1km
avgHR: 141-73%
avgSpeed: 10.8km
calories: 521kcal
begininng time: 8:07pm
weekly mileage: 14.5k

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Satohi-san,

Exactly! What ARE they going to do? Why didn't you ask them that? I think it is fantastic that you have the company SAYING they will sponsor/support you. Now you have to get it in writing as to what they will actually do. But they probably have very little idea about what to do, so I'd suggest it is going to be up to you to make a proposal to them. You should contact the HR manager and maybe ask what kind of things they were thinking of doing for you. But before doing so, get a list of things in mind that you could ask for in case the HR manager has no idea.

I already told you that the best thing they could do is give you a fixed shift (set working hours each day -- no overtime) from now until after the race. But if they can't do that, then you could expect that they will pay for your entry fees, buy you a pair of shoes, perhaps pay for some vitamin supplements, energy gels, and energy drink -- perhaps a total budget of go-man yen would not be unreasonable. And definitely make sure that HR and big boss explain to your direct boss that your work team has to give you consideration for your training. They should also pay to get a good-quality running singlet and put their name/logo on it and you should run the race wearing that. Then they get some publicity while you run the race nd you get your support. Everybody is happy. That's what sponsorship is all about. Maybe someone else has another idea.
Steve

zihuatanejo said...

Of course I'm asking them, and they answerd "now thinking about what they can do for me".
I just want to have a pair of brandnew Asics running shoes for the race.

Well, if I don't need to work on shift, our project need to have another engeneer. That's impossible thing, I think.

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.