Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

today's run, johnny & dean and deluca etc...


Today, took a dayoff because of working on last Saturday, I had something to do, kind of busy day today. I watched a movie Hotel Rwanda, had massage, applied for TIWM, met my friends, and we had some coffee at Dean & Deluca, then had a conversation about Tofu. The name is so unique it called Johnny, but my friends had been known that and already eaten. I took one of them, and ate without soysauce since my frienads recomended like that way. It was so good, it made by beans apparently, tates like a pudding of edamame, hope you can see... Anyway, I had a g day, experinced something new. I'm going to search the store carries Johnny in my neighborhood.



today's efforts:
Started running after massage before lunch. Today's run was so hard, warm up for 1k as easy, speed up to 75% HR for 5k, and next speed up more faster to 88% for 5k and cool down. Actually I couldn't 88% run for 5k, managed for only 4k, I just got slow down, I was empty no power...

mil: 11k
time: 55m48s
5k at 75% HR max time: 25m12s avg HR: 146- 75% avg pace: 5m02s
4k at 88% HRmax time: 17m50s avg HR: 169-87% avg pace: 4m19s
avgHR: 152-78%
avg pace: 4m57s/km
cal: 533cal
beginning time: 1:27pm
location: neighborhood

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

otsukaresama. You did pretty good with that run. 4 km or 5 km at 88% doesn't matter so much -- it is a hard run and the main thing is to practice running for a short time at faster than marathon pace. The only thing is that maybe the timing of the massage was not so good. It would be better if you run first then have the massage later. Maybe that's why you lost your stamina to keep going -- tired from massage -- or maybe you are just not used to running that fast yet. Anyway, in future, for the hard runs, make sure you are well-rested and have some honey or a small gel about 15 minutes before the start, and get mentally prepared to run hard.
otsukaresama....ganbatte!

I looked at the Johnny web site -- otokomae? Very strange way to market tofu. Make tofu cool huh?

zihuatanejo said...

Yes, I have heard about cautions how to get energy gel for running from Gareth, I should had to know more earlier but I will follow your advice for next. Thank you for your advice.

Johnny is a strange for Tofu's name but it's very creamy and delicious. I found another Tofu, Otokomae, it's also pretty good.
I have found Johnny at 7-11.

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.