Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Monday, September 04, 2006

hot run in okinawa

As a marathon challenger, just run without mercy in destination of vacation.
I had a great running in Okinawa; it was short stay only two nights and three days. I was hoping to stay for a week. Maybe next time!
Speaking of running, I usually follow HR rate but didn't work in Okinawa. Even I run at 70% pace, number says 80%, and when I ran at about 75%, number said 80%...

Thursday: break and had massage for 50 minutes, I felt like in heaven.

Friday's efforts:

After check-in the Mariott Hotel, went for run for 12K continuously. I was going to devide mileage for twice but had no time in the morning so eventually completed a whole mileage once. Humided first night run in Okinawa, so hot!
mileage: 12Km (not divided any mileages)
time: 55m17s
calories: 538kcal
beginning time: 6:59pm

Saturday's efforts:

I was going to get up at 6am, but wake up at 6:50am, so disappointed. And changed my mind the plan to reduce the mileage to 8K, and run 25K on Sunday. After running went to Pool, swimming was cool even water was not cold.
mileage: 8Km
time: 49m11s
calories: 382kcal
begining time: 7:07am


Sunday's efforts:

Last staying day today, woke up at 6am, it was foggy morning. Went for run at 6:30am and started running from Hotel to Nago city by coastal road. I passed a few of runners who looked like serious runners, we said Good Morning each other, and passed again on the way hotel.
I charged a energy gel, apple juice and sports drink. I consumed because of without breakfast.
mileage: 25K
time: 2h30m55s
calories: 1297kcal

beginning time: 6:38am
weekly mileage: 75Km

1 comment:

Stephen Lacey said...

Satohi, because you ran the Friday run in the night, it would have been wrong to do your long run on Saturday morning. This is not enough recovery time for your body. Your body told you this by not waking up. So you did absolutely the right thing to change the long run to Sunday. Try to keep in mind that you should try to keep a 24-hour space between harder efforts. If you have only 12-hours between runs, they should both be of rather lower effort. So, always try to run early on Saturdays so your body has 24 hours to rest before teh long run!

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.