Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Friday, May 12, 2006

race pace for 8k + warm up and cool down

-Warm up 1-2 km, then run on an accurately marked course where you can check your pace frequently. Run at 4:44- to 4:48 pace. What is the heart rate near the end of this?

At first I was slow because I couldn't get speed at 4:44-48 pace but after 3 laps, it's getting better like a catch a wave. I feel I'm still tired even take mutiple vitamin, vegetables, bananas, and strawberries.
I'm missing beer until after the race.

today's efforts:
mileage: 8k+3k
time: 38:08.9
splits: 5:00(141/73%)-4:48(153/79%)-4:48(155/81%)-4:45(158/82%)-4:40(160/83%)-4:44(161/83%)-4:40(164/85%)-4:41(166/86%)
hrAVG: 157/81%
speedAVG: 12.8km
calories: 378kcal
weekly mileage: 32km

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Good job Satohi, you did it. Just wen a little bit too fast in those last couple of splits.

Note that as your pace increased up to around 4:40, your heart rate went up to 86%. This shows that at that point you are running faster than you can keep up for the whole marathon. So you definitely have to be careful not to run that fast during the race. About 4:44/km is the fastest you can run up until 35 km. After that, if you can run faster, go for it. But probably by then you will be just running as hard as you can and suffering to keep the same pace or maybe a bit slower. But if you run faster than 4:44 early, you will struggle much worse late in the race. Believe me.

zihuatanejo said...

Thank you for your advice Steve.
I feel much better today after having muscles massage. I feel like running a little bit now. Also I figure my legs were swollen, but now better. So I'm getting better. I decided to take a dayoff tomorrow to take easy, since I worked last Saturday. I go for run only 3k as my plan. Hope nothing bad happens in the race. I will only do my best and tell you my result after the race, thanks a lot.

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.