Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Friday, May 05, 2006

incredible 1/2 tt and recovery run at midnight

On Wednesday, my friend and coach Steve organized the 1/2 marathon TT in the Yoyogi Park. 6 people got gather in Sento right on time, but the Park was so much crowded. So we had no choice to complete the Wednesday's target. If I couldn't do the workout on the day, I would loose the training, I couldn't add that distance for the other day, it's a kind of his rule. So I had to do it anyway for the goal.

Fortunally, Rie-chan and Matthias companied me, but others went a way to park for tempo run. I understood, 52 and 3/4 laps on a track is very huge work, normally don't do it on a track. Steve offered me the mental training.

The time was 4:32 or 33, we started faster than I needed, but slowed down to keep running. I've been dedicating for LSD since March even went for trail running once a month, I was not sure I could complete my goal, so quickly decided to go at 4:30 pace by 15km point, and up a little bit if I could have still some energy. My knees were getting tired and felt pain, also my back ache! I had minimum conversation with Steve during running to get his instruction. I saw Namban guys but I had no atitude, no talk. I wondered why didn't feel running for half marathon on a track, I just felt it was so hard, hot and mucho tranbajo.

I was really glad to complete my today's goal and finish with Rie and Steve, but there is only thing makes me sad, I couldn't break 1:35 in half marathon. Breaking 1:35 is like a highest wall for me.

today's efforts:
time: 1h37m17s
mileage: 21.0975km
hrAVG: 175/94%
speedAVG: 14.1km/h
weekly mileage: 38.82

On Thursday, I went to park in my neighborhood, just ran for 4km at 60% HR pace.
I felt refleshed totally.

today's efforts:

mileage: 4km
time: 36m9s
hr AVG: 118/61%
speed AVG: 8km/h

weekly mileage: 42.82

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

satohi, I am very sorry I couldn't bring you in under 95 minutes. I am quite sure you can do it, but our problem this time was that we had to hold back just a little bit to try and keep your ability to continue training. At least you discovered you can run fast easily for 21.1km. With just a bit slower pace, you can keep running like that for the full marathon. Especially now on as we cut back the mileage and get your body into good condition.

zihuatanejo said...

No, no, no, you don't need to say "sorry". You didn't do anythingwrong! Ma-san and Taeko-san are agree with you, also Ma-san relieved your plan for my marathon. You are so great coach for me, thank you so much. I just wanted to clear my goal, 1:35 in 1/2, but I keep trying!

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.