Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

10th arakawa marathon

I was wondering why lots of the Namban people used to run Arakawa marathon as an annual Spring marathon? Do I certainly run Arakawa marathon???
It seems to be Arakawa is a common usage event in the Spring, Ohtawara is a common event in fall every year, there should be what worth cousin other than the reason that is easy to go from a house, and there was no Tokyo Marathon one year ago.

According to the Arakawa's organizer, there were 14,850 participants for a full marathon this time, what a huge number isn't it? There were 5 people including me of the Namban Rengo running club. But why is it that I did not have a too good image?

Reason 1. much same scenery.
Reason 2. seem to be dull.
Reason 3. on an embankment of a river, I take influence of the wind velocity straight.
Reason 4. a lot of runners freeze and too major.
Reason 5. it's located in East Tokyo and the border between Saitama and Tokyo.

But why did I bring myself to appear?
Reason 1. there is no good another race at the same moment before Boston marathon.
Reason 2. it's an official race of the JAAF's marathon.
Reason 3. the course is almost flat, it would make a PB result if there is not wind.
Reason 4. the participation fees are cheaper than others.
Reason 5. a friend lives in neighborhood.
Reason 6. I can seem to concentrate on runs.

I went to register on the day before the race with my matie to know how's the venue how's wind to prepare well and to be tougher. There was no wind as I thought then but it was windy on the race day. Around 5km point, I was going well humming to myself, Shoji-san called me, and matie passed behind of me. The wind pushed me until returning point, so I made comfortable splits at 4:40 pace through half-way. I didn't need to use my legs so much, either cardiorespiratory function. That's why I was not so tired, had still some motivation to run after the marathon, just kept going with lots of patient. However slowed down to below 5 min after returning point. It felt like I was running towards wind mills! Just running at 4th gear but no heading for the goal. It wasn't a tough as TIWM for me, because no rain, not cold so much.

I was sulk with my
disappointment
result 3:25:10, matie and some people said me "YOU DID VERY WELL WITH THIS BAD CONDITION", but I was sulk and said, "It's not my PB!". Yes, it's my PB, but I didn't want to accept my ideal result. But I realized after getting back to home. I got lots of encouraging mails. I could realized how my 4th marathon was great. The number is just number, what I've been training, what I've been learning by the race are very important things, I guess.

I just want to believe it will make me more tougher and faster. So, now I will just keep saving my energy and training hard for the Boston Marathon and Sendai Half Marathon. And I hope to get my ankle fixed soon.

No comments:

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.