Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

season's greeting with sakura

I am very happy to run under the trees of cherry blossoms, even though flowers fall off due to the cold rain but they are still beautiful. Last week, I went to Meguro-river to see this scenery, so gorgeous!

Today is a speed session day: Fartlek. Mostly moderate HR 72%, but do five times two minutes of 4:00/km with good rest in between each one is my today's running plan. I was freaking out when checked this plan up, because running at 4minutes pace for 400m is hard for a slow runner. The first run would be alright but after second could be disaster. Unbelievably,
could complete barely for five times because of Steve's properly training plan, it would be better control running speed more evenly!

By the way, I got a good news. I'm very happy to know the Japan Association of Athletics Fededrations says Tokyo Women's Inte'l Marathon will be held on November 18th this year, there is no choice to train very hard for that!

today's efforts:
after warmed up for 3km did speed session for 400m five times, and jogged for 400m each one.
lap1: time: 1:32 avg HR: 163-80% avg Pace: 4:03 mil: 0.38m
lap2: time: 1:29 avg HR: 159-78% avg Pace: 3:57 mil: 0.38m
lap3: time: 1:31 avg HR: 161-79% avg Pace: 3:59 mil: 0.39m
lap4: time: 1:35 avg HR: 169-83% avg Pace: 4:03 mil: 0.39m
lap5: time: 1:32 avg HR: 171-84% avg Pace: 4:00 mil: 0.39m
afterwards, cooled down for 2km

4 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Yes, you are probably right that it would be hard for a slow runner. But you are not a slow runner. Not anymore.

Believe!

Anyway, great job. The pace looks pretty even, especially when you are taking a good rest in between each effort. otsukaresan!

zihuatanejo said...

Due to hard training, I'm kind of exhausting at all!
I don't feel like eating as usual just exhausting.

I'll take a rest well tomorrow and do the hard session on Friday, I'll run Boston in 12 days! Well, up and at them!

MilesandMiles said...

The cherry blossom looks superb. i was in tokyo last week but missed it!
Leng and I are very impressed at how focused your training has been! Hope you have a good race in Boston, leng looks forward to see you there. Arnaud

zihuatanejo said...

Hello Arnaud!
Thanks for your comment, are you running for the race?

My condition is better than Arakawa, I'm getting to be ready for the hard marathon, I can run with Deena Kastor and Leng Leng Koh! That's very exciting.

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.