Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

an alternative of Kamakura for 30k and adios 2006!

Now I'm taking a break from the clean up of end of year! It's the important Japanese custom as a last important duty. That's why could have a happy new year at cleanness place due to a hard work.

I got a call from a running friend David Motozo because
I was supposed to join for trail run in Kamakura... he might be alone, sorry!!! I know that over 10 people could gather and would have very fun running on the beach and trail section in the afternoon, so I figure he might be happy!!! I got a lot of task in the afternoon then couldn't make it.

Instead of going to Kamakura, trail running in Ome for 30k, it was soooooooooooooooooooo hard.
One of my running friend Ma could company me but she left me at 8.5km point, she went back to Ome to be back to Tokyo... but I didn't stop, just kept heading to Mt. Takamizu, Montrail trail race 30k course. The course is fairly hill up and down continually, I went down crash hill-down for 2-3km after Mt. Raiden. I felt bad when thought about the return trip... My legs were so heavy, couldn't move. Mostly just climbed around Takamizu area.

It was a windy day today, my face got chilly strong wind when running between mountain and mountain and also a part of road was frozen! Climate is totally different between starting point Ome and turning point Mt. Takamizu even though they are in the same area, but I estimate that elevation is totally different. It took long time today's running as surprised! And after arrivals at the finishing point, time was almost 2pm! I'm very satisfied because I completed a whole course for 30k and paced own my pace.

In closing, I would like to say thank you for everything all and have a happy new year!!!

today's efforts:
time: 3h58m
mil: about 30k
avg HR: 151-79%
avg Pace: 7m55s
cal: 1,901kcal
location: Ome to Mt.Takamizu
starting time: 9:31am

3 comments:

MilesandMiles said...

You did that 30k trail run all by yourself? Congratulations. I like how you record the number of calories you burn on your runs... with "1901 calories" burned you can probably eat 50 pieces of sushis like Qchan!

MilesandMiles said...

and... adios 2006 Happy new year !

zihuatanejo said...

I've done for 30K trail running by myself.
Let me show you the course if you are interested in it when you are here, but it depends on my training schedule.

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.