Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

shinjuku city half marathon plus something more

First of all, I was very lucky to run in Shinjuku 1/2 marathon with torn of Nambanners.
My official finishing time is 1:31:21, in other words 91:21. it's 4:19/km pace by my Polar watch. It's about over 6 minutes faster than my previous PB in the 52 and 3/4 laps time trial on the Oda Field with Rie-don, Steve and Matthias.
I just could expect a little bit from my previous race splits, perhaps could I break the wall to the big chance? But it was not so easy to get that result.

In tern of my marathon strategy, I needed to complete and finish a race for the sake of my motivation as a step to the next, as a satisfaction what I've been dedicated for. It was a very hard race because of curvy and busy course as everyone said, and also it was high pace running for me, 4:19/km pace for 21.0975km, I felt it could be more faster, I had no energy to smile, to say "Thank you" to everyone who came to cheer us on.

As a strategy, I've been dedicating for intervals, speed sessions, running on the track as daily training, yes it's suitable for me.
I realized that Wednesday track workout is very important as Sunday park running with TTOG.
I concentrated on repeating intervals to get be accustom fast pace, my heart was running at capacity, it was very hard training when I was running at minutes/km pace like breathless. But just kept repeating and repeating at easy pace and sometime hard pace.

I'm very satisfied with my result, I could get high motivation due to this race because of my good friend and coach's support. Thank you very much.

my splits:
21:53 - 5k
21:20 - 10k (43:14)
21:24 - 15k (1:04:39)
21:44 - 20k (1:26:23)
4:43 - 21.0975km (1:21:07)

No comments:

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.