Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

incredible rikuren official half marathon, chiba marine

I was wondering, why watch was not ticking even I've been running for a long distance? Is it my imagination? The answer isn't difficult. Because of the short distance, I finished in 1:20:27 by my watch. According to the official comment, the distance which every runner ran was 18.7475km, it shorter than 2,350meters as a half marathon. The organizer gave wrong and short direction.
That's so shame if I would complete a whole distance, I could make my PB
over 5minutes faster than previous 52 and 3/4 loops half marathon time trial on a track with Steve, Rie and Matthias.

I have a reason to stick resolutely to run in the official race of Japan track & field association. Actually I was hoping to run in Sendai International Half Marathon on May in my home town, in fact they require to get some kind of result as a member of Rikuren in the official race.

The weather was pretty nice, moderately a little of breeze, cloudy but no rain.
The course was separated for 1/2 Marathon runners and 10K runners, it was really comfortable. One of elite Namban Rengo Yoshida-san also was running in this race, he called me around 7Km point, so I cheer him on at another point where could pass him again.

As well as doing my best during the race, taking care to press the red bottom of my Polar watch at every 1km point , but the signs didn't show at every 1km point, then missed to it some time until the goal. Everything was perfect until around 12km point, after that, I couldn't see the sign to know the distance because all runners followed the wrong direction, that's why there were no signs.

Some people complained, some people just disappointed, and I was also disappointed, but don't be negative. If it was my real result, I could run in the same pace again. So, don't be mad too much.

Fortunately, there are some good news: I have another chance for Half marathon next Sunday, I could run again like this pace, I feel like get motivation for next time. Anyway, I definitely need to be ready in a week, yes my duty is recovering completely in a week.

splits:
1km: 4:11 2km: 4:29 3km:missed 4km: 8:
44 5km: 4:25
6km: 4:25 7km: 4:25 8km: 4:26 9km: 4:23 10km: 4:23
11km: 4:20 12km: 4:20 13km: ? 14km:11:31 15km: 2:36(wrong direction)
16km: 4:28 17km: 4:25 Finish: 4:50

4 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

That's such a huge disapointment to run so well and be spoiled by poor organizers.

What I am not sure about is this: was the whole course short, or was it just a few runners that got directed the wrong way? I mean, did every single person in the half-marathon suffer from the short course, or only some people?

zihuatanejo said...

All runners, every single person followed wrong direction for 18.725km, I meant nobody completed half marathon due to wrong guidance by the organizer even though it's a Rikuren Official race.

Meanwhile, I'm glad to make even split closely, yes I've been training for this, my efforts paid me off because of your properly advice, thank you Steve.

Stephen Lacey said...

Unbelievable. What are people saying about this on the Japanese running forums or running blogs? Is there any discussion taking place? It is actually quite unforgivable in our sport.

zihuatanejo said...

As I emailed you, you will see what japanese people are talking and thinking about this race. The site which I sent you is a kinda spicy, not a sweet site.
Just click the following link
http://www.2ch.net/
and copy this characte 千葉マリン and paste it on the searching windows.
BTW, did you understand what they are talking about it?

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.