Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Monday, March 30, 2009

tokyo 2009 part-2

The race just started, from Shinjuku, through Ichigaya, Iidabashi, the palace, Hibiya and Shinagawa... I enjoyed running with viewing dancing people, singing people and Nambanners too.

The most funniest thing was Steve wanted to stay in front of Tokyo Tower, because there was a big group of Berry Dance, they were wiggling... but it didn't look like for me...

Since I brought special drink with my hand, I didn't need to pick it up at crowded aid-station by 10km. I put Musashi REPLINISH into bottled water at home, taste was okay it's much better than their supplements. I had been taking Musashi especially for Tokyo, it was a tough trial week.

In Hibiya, Shinagawa, Ginza, my face tried not to smile but failing, familiar faces were here and there, and other running teams and Massage trainers from K's were on side-walk. I answered Haaai, Arigato, and Ganbarimasu!.

Everytime when I turned at the corner, the wind was blowing against me. So tried to not to use energy and legs. I was okay at Asakusa, and Hama-cho, but after turning at the corner in Nihonbashi around 33km point I realized my energy almost empty. Tried to stay with Steve, but he was getting away when I did not run strongly. I wanted to walk by myself, it would be easier for me but I shouldn't had to do it, helluva day, man.
Steve cheered me on to keep on running at ideal pace, but it was clear I was slow, but I kept on doing my best, suddenly Steve yelled at me; what happened? why don't you run hard???

YES, I'M DOING MY BEST, PLEASE GO AHEAD! I yelled at him...

But he stayed with me by finish, he is a such sweet friend and coach.
The wind was getting blowing harder and harder towards the finish, sun-glasses protected eyes from sands, rain and wind, they are recommendable for your next race.

I was going to finish under 3:15 in Tokyo, but I didn't care about it at Toyosu, since I had no choice to change my mind as finishing was my goal, but Steve said I had a chance to finish in PB, so hopefully tried to make it.

When I run with Steve in marathon, then the heavy wind blows me, Arakawa and Tokyo... but it might be a just traditional in the spring.

Around 40km, some Nambanners were there but I had no energy to answer... I barely ran to the finish. after 41km I changed my gear to be faster with all my power, so past people as much as I could. According to Steve, we past lots of people then, over 20? over 30??? perhaps more???

Anyway, I finished in 3:18:54 as official time. 1:04 faster than 2008 Nagano Marathon, very happy with my PB, and thanks to Steve very much for your big supports.

5km 00:23:49
10km 00:46:46 0:22:57
15km 01:09:37 0:22:51
20km 01:32:23 0:22:46
25km 01:55:18 0:22:55
30km 02:18:15 0:22:57
35km 02:41:55 0:23:40
40km 03:07:52 0:25:57
Finish 03:18:54 0:11:02

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Yes, you did great! Strong PB with more to come ...

"what happened? why don't you run hard???"

Just to clear this up, I was asking you to tell me what the problem was, sore legs? General fatigue? I wasn't telling you to go harder, just wanted to know why you felt like you couldn't go faster. Anyway, the main thing is we kept going hard and strong as possible.

I did enjoy the belly dancers, shame we couldn't have stayed longer.

Where does the photo come from?

Jon in Tokyo said...

I really enjoy your blog reports.
Well done again on PB!!

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.