Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

the wall...

Absolutely I'm satisfied with my race and I recommend you to race in Chiba Marine sometime. Last time, the organizers mistakes did not allow me finish the whole course, but his time I finally could see how they connect from point to point.
I wanted to push me up more after 17Km, but suddenly something bad happened to my tummy, it made me feeling like escape into a private room, so decided to slow down a little bit, no choice...


As everyone has, I have a barrier that I want to pass; it's finishing under 1:30:00 in a half marathon.

I got close, but couldn't break it! The best thing was I had positive thinking during the race, even my legs were so tired just tried to keep the pace up more and more. I raced well and learned a lot. I wanted to push more after 17 km, but suddenly a bad feeling in my lower tummy forced me to slow down a little bit, no choice or else bad accident :-(

Let's see my logs...
05k 21m24s avg HR 164/81%
10k 42m32s
avg HR 173/85%
15k 1h03m46s avg HR 176/87%
20k 1h25m27s avg HR 176/87%
Finish 1h30m30s avg HR 178/87%
Official finishing time was 1h30m33s PB! (48sec faster than previous pb)

I was going to run with a LST plus a singlet, but took off after 2k, so I just wore a singlet even it was a winter race. As a result, it was a good choice at the beginning because I sweat a lot after that even though I didn't need lots of water due to the dry climate. I could relax and enjoy because could go out with very good running maties and saw and said HELLO some of Rie's friends who train as members of team Koide Kantoku, we met in Sendai half marathon, they are very friendly too.

It was a good start as a second race in 2008, looking forward to running with lots of you in Kanagawa marathon.

3 comments:

Pete said...

Wow! Two races in '08 and two significant PBs! Great work, congratulations!

David Rodriguez Roures said...

Congratulations on the mark you stayed at the gates, and really like in the next attempt casualties of 1h 30 ', I hope you fence well maraton and not have any problem, a greeting.

zihuatanejo said...

Thank you for your comment, I have another chance to beat myself, just will try to do my best again.

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.