Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

new year's 10k race as a beginning

Happy New Year 2008!!!

I would like to report my first 10k race in this year, it was good going as a beginning, though.
BTW, have you ever raced with Nike FREE before?

I had a fabulous experience with them today, but it was an accident, just forgot to bring my favorite Tarther Japan. Shoes were on the washing machine during my 10k race. Nike FREE was very comfortable for running like walking around there, but I barely smashed my previous record, it was only 39 secound faster than it in 2006. It means that it doesn't matter of shoes? I think I just had good luck today, the reasons were training from hot summer, hill running in HKG and also some speed sessions with you guys.

Actually, according to my watch, I finished in 41:58! However, I don't complain about the result because all of Namban ladies started from the first line, though. Because of the some up and down hill sections, my heart rate was so high looked like a 5k time trial. Let's see how was my log...

Splits and HR records:
4km Time: 16:29 - Avg HR: 174(86%) - Max HR: 183(90%)
7km Time: 29:17 (12:48) - Avg HR: 178(88%) - Max HR: 183(90%)
10km Time: 42:00 (12:43) - Avg HR: 178 (88%) - Max HR: 181(89%)

I wasn't running so hard at the beginning, but due to hilly sections, my heart rate was so high as above. That's why I saved my energy not to run too fast, just tried to wait that leading runners could come down slowly.
I fortunally could catch a couple of girls and just kept running, yes, ran hard with my Nike FREE and came in 6th in 42 minutes, well done me! However, HR says, I could run more harder at the last 3km, it's my homework for next time.

Cheers,

5 comments:

David Rodriguez Roures said...

Happy year, there is no better way to start the year, running a career, the mark is good as you say, you know how we can improve not the next, a greeting.

Pete said...

Congratulations on a new PB! Well done! Happy New Year!

Pete

zihuatanejo said...

Hola David!
Gracias por tu comento, te pasaba buen tiempo en el ano nuevo?
Si, yo tuve buena suerte en la carrera de 10k, no podia correr tan rapido que esta vez. Pero no puedo estar satisfecha con esto. Solo voy a seguir corriendo, gracias!

Hi Pete!
Thank you for your comment, and happy new year! Are you missing the beer mile in Tokyo? Some people asked me when it will be held? Anyway, hope to see you again and you are very genki!

Christian said...

congratulations, great pb! keep on! and see you around, cheers, christian

zihuatanejo said...

Hi Christian!

Thanks for your comment.
You are having great training, huh? Do you study too??? Yes you do.
See you soon!

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.