Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

the 10th nagano olympic commem. marathon











Official
Finishing Time: 3:19:58 (PR 5:12 faster than previous).

I am not able to be happy with my finishing time from the Nagano result since I had been training so hard from last December. I thought I was ready to break the wall “3:15:00” this time, but unfortunately, I couldn’t finish as I hoped, it was so shame.

The race was pretty hard, as an example the course was not so easy as a PB route. A couple of time, crossed bridges, train rails then took uphill and downhill. After returning points and beside river, against wind was just waiting to knock out my energy, it was not friendly.


Even though I’m not happy with this result, I enjoyed observing scenery and people from the beginning to the 10k point, lots of people cheered us on from sidewalk enthusiastically, I did high touch with lots of children in sidewalk, they gave me power and joy, it was really fun.




After 10km point, I tried to follow my strategy; I was supposed to pace up a few second faster, I was observing my body feeling then already sweat from 4km point on the other hand, tummy was a bit uncomfortable that’s why I didn’t have water after 5km point until 15km mark. I was looking for my marathon pace after 10km, tried to make running splitsevenly, but when my watch said “5:05” for 1km, then surprised! no choice no to pace up a bit faster then watch said ”4:05”! I just tried to run a bit faster, but ran at that too fast pace for 1km many times, I could continue this action from 10km to 32km even I was running in the marathon. During suffering to find out even splits, I exhausted. That's why I couldn’t manage my marathon in Nagano, I believe.


What kind of training could be work more?
Long slow running?
Endurance running?
Track speed session?
Social community on Wednesday night?


I was hoping to report as a satisfaction but really shame my efforts didn’t pay me off again as I set my goal.
Should I change my category not to marathon shorter distance race?
Anyway, hope to performe the best in a marathon next time, still can't give up my goal.

Thank you for all your supports.

4 comments:

Joachim said...

Satohi, congratulations to your new PB. You can be satisfied with your result in any respect. From the HM mark on it got pretty warm and this made it much harder to keep the pace. Again, you can be proud of your accomplishment. Now it is rest time. After you have recovered you'll start the training again and you'll strive for a new PB again ;-) Marathon is a business where it pays to be patient..!

GKK said...

Great time, well done!

Pete said...

Satohi-san:

Congratulations on your PB! Well done. You are an inspiration. Keep up the great work.

Pete

zihuatanejo said...

Muchas gracias for your all comments for my marathon, it was a really hard race.
Now I'm happy to finish and made a PB it's sub 3:20!
I think I did my best.

Thanks again for all your supports.

Administradora

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.