Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Monday, September 24, 2007

visiting my old friend to kamakura

I was only running recently, I have been running for over 100km as weekly mileage in this week, though. I visited Kamakura to see my old friend lives in Zushi, it's located next to Kamakura.






I went to Kamakura in this summer to stay on the beach on the day for trail running, but I had already run before heading, so just had a relaxing time on the beach then.



This time, I was expecting seeing my friend and girl's talk!
We went to Hase-temple as begin, I didn't like to pay 300yen for enter, but my friend said it's Okay, so I also paid it.
However, it was surprisingly fun to explore many things in Hase-temple. There is a cave, many beautiful flowers, copying Buddhist scriptures, Kan-non-sama, sculptures, and nice scenery of Sagami gulf.








We arrived to see the Daibutsu.
Do you know you can enter inside from back side?
You need to pay for it 20yen...
It's too hot to stay for a long time in the summer.
They say it has hard constitution, definitely doesn't fall down even it has earthquake.







In Kamakura, there is a fancy Starbuck behind of Kinokuniya super market, also it has a nice garden and a pool!!!
(Unfortunately, nobody swims there.)
I enjoyed a fresh baked muffin with a huge cup of coffee.
Smells so nice, and tastes so yummy.









After coffee time, went to another Maine shrine, Tsuruoka-Hachimangu.
There are beautiful architects with unique color. I like visiting shrines because it feels nice, no pray.

1 comment:

Stephen Lacey said...

That Starbucks looks like it would make a good brewpub.

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.