Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

iyengar yoga

I usually go to yoga studio in my neighborhood, and took a workshop class for beginners by Paul Cabanis and Marla Apt on Saturday, they have been teaching Iyenger yoga for 17 years in the States and go to India for study, now they are visiting in Japan from CA.

In their class, I mainly studied how to stand, it was not only difficult but also interesting. Standing sounds simple and easy but it's not easy. I needed to do many things when I make a pose once, for example standing called "asana" in yoga, you can see how to do this. First of all, stand erect. Arms stretch below, arches of feet are up and use balls of feet, need to do something more and deep breath by ujai breath. It's a very busy more than I thought.


I started to learn it for running once a week perhaps more if I have time since January, I believe that it makes body core strong, my all body is not soft. It would be caused flexibility all muscles for run by making poses. I hope it makes me run faster more.

No comments:

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.