Me gusta comunicar con quien le encanta de correr. / Hope to communicate with everyone likes running.

Monday, December 10, 2007

my season's results

How was my 2007's result???
I'd like to say, yeah it was pretty good at all, but I'm not satisfied, I was hoping to get good result as I trained hard. I did't race a lot, but I train hard as well as I could.

On January, I headed for Makuhari Chiba for the Chiba Marine Half, it was nice cool day. My condition was pretty good, I enjoyed racing by 13km point. We were supposed to go straight more, but suddenly runners who leaded me turned left into the park! I was wondering... WHY? Yes, cones put to make a wrong short course... It was like a nightmare for me... In total, my result was accepted as 10k result... even though I registered a half marathon.

One week after, I made a PB of a half marathon result in Shinjuku City Half Marathon, I was really happy to make my PR!!! Then over 30 Nambanners participated, Mary, Adam Y, and some more raced together. My result was 1:31: 21, and net time was 1:31:10! Yes, I was satisfied with this result.



In Arakawa Marathon, I got strong against wind from turning point after 22km mark. I ran very very hard, I really wanted to quite running due to the strong wind, but never stopped. Finally I got PB result even though I wasn't satisfied with finishing time, it was 3:25:10. and net time was 3:25:02. Steve celebrated me by local-tasty beer!

In Boston Marathon, I enjoyed a lot. Yes, it was very hard because of many steep up-hills and down-hills, however, it was first time I really enjoyed a lot sincerely for a marathon. Time was not so bad because I was in a rest room for a couple of minutes. Time was 3:26:27. Yes that's ok. I stayed at Aya's mother-in-a-law's cute house, it's sweet memory.
The Boston city also is really fantastic, I visited Samuel Adams Brewely, love beer very much.






In the early summer, I went back to my home town for Sendai city half marathon with Rie-don.
I got abdominal pains at around 18km, could't run, just stopped and walked, audiences cheered me on from sidewalk, I was really glad to hear from them, so as soon as, restarted running and finished in 1:33:57... not s
atisfied... The course wasn't so steep, it was gentle steep course, yes it wasn't easy for me.








On November, ran in Tokyo Women's Inter'l Marathon.
I was training a lot for this, but I couldn't finish it for all distance, got cut-off at 40km.
I was thinking just finishing would be okay after 35km point, but they didn't let me pass the gate at 40km. It was so shame for me, maybe I have bad luck with Tokyo Women, I will see next time, I would like to improved more and hope my efforts pay me off in the future.






Here are my 2007's efforts:

5k 20:34 Oct 31 Oda Field (SB)
10k 42:49 May 13 Sendai Inter'l Half 10k point as a half marathon pace (SB)
Half Marathon 1:31:21 Jan 31 Shinjuiku City Half Marathon in Tokyo (PB)
Marathon 3:25:10 Mar 16 Arakawa Marathon in Tokyo (PB)

3 comments:

David Rodriguez Roures said...

Many times we obsesionamos with brands and that is not good, I think that you have run well at least with great regularity, so anĂ­mate and it really as next year things go better, a greeting.

Stephen Lacey said...

This is a good post to look back over your year. You did have some very good results in the form of Shinjuku half, Arakawa full, and Boston full. You have definitely experienced some bad luck in that conditions have not always all come together to give you a great time. For example, because of weather or tummy problems, both Arakawa and Boston were much better performances than the final time suggests -- without the wind, you would have run sub 3:20 at Arakawa. When the weather was pretty good, something else went wrong (your cold prior to TWIM, tummy cramps at Sendai). Definitely Shinjuku was the best race where the conditions were good, you raced hard, everything came together and you got a great result. The message is that all you can do is train hard and prepare as well as you can, but understand that there is always a chance of something going wrong on the day. But when things go well, do NOT hesitate to run your best and achieve the great times that you are capable of. Ganbatte for 2008.

zihuatanejo said...

Hola David, gracias por animarme mucho, tu me diste mucho animo.
Yo voy a seguir correr para mi meta.

Steve, I was so dissapointed with my results, especially after Tokyo Women, I completely lost my motivation. But Grainne said, she competed with my milleage for marathon training after checked out my logs. So she had too much distance like me and you. Also she gave me lots of emcouragements tonight at Italian in Shibuya. I had a great night with her. So never give up and please give me your advice for my goal, thank you.

quien es sobre de mi

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
zihuatanejo is a small resort place on the Pacific Coast in Mexico, it's my favorite place. Now I'm looking for a trail race in this summer, hopefuly run in a trail race and will prepare for the last Tokyo Int'l Women's Marathon to finish as my best on Nov 16.